Course content 200 Hour TTC
- Muscular-Skeletal System
- Yoga as a science
- Yoga Philosophy
- Asanas in supine, prone, seated as well as Surya Namaskar and preparatory movements (including the moving into, out of, holding, precautions and benefits of each
- Yoga Nidra
- Use of the wall and the “L shapes
- Postures in seated and standing position with benefits etc.
- Central Nervous System, Cardiovascular system, and respiratory system
- Teaching techniques and cues
- Digestive system and the endocrine system
- Teaching aids such as walls, straps and bolsters
- Asanas specific : back bends, hip openers, shoulder openers, forward bends and their counter poses
- Teaching skills on how to teach a class
- Basic Sanskrit
- Swara Yoga, Chakras and Kundalini
- Introduction to basic Ayurveda
- Basic nutrition
- Business aspects of setting up Yoga studio or classes
The course culminates in 2 x written and one x practical teaching exam.
This exam is offered once a year on a part time basis with workshops held over one full weekend a month for 10 months, or on an intensive 23 day full time basis (strict criteria apply).
Course content 300 Hour TTC
Practice and training – 120 Hours
Includes progressive practice of traditional yoga asanas additional to the 55 already covered in 200 Hour course and other Yoga techniques such as pranayama, kriya, bandha, mudra, chanting, yoga nidra, relaxation and meditation as well as the teaching of these.
Teaching Methodology – 45 Hours
Learning to observe, demonstrate, motivate, be inclusive and adapt to individual needs. Includes approaches to teaching from other styles or schools ie. Iyengar, Yoga synergy, Jivamukti and Bikram
Anatomy and Physiology – 25 Hours
Covers the scientific understanding of anatomy and physiology in relation to yoga techniques including nervous system structures and functions, (somatic, autonomic, sympathetic, parasympathetic, enteric etc.) and a more in-depth look into tantra, hatha and Prana energy work.
Healing or Balancing Therapy – 30 Hours
Vibrational energy, touch energy , spinal work
Philosophy – 30 hours
While we do cover the Bhagavad Gita, Patanjali Sutras, Upanishads and Tantra, we also go deep into your own psyche to analyse and discover just exactly who we really are.
Yoga Lifestyle – 20 hours
Setting up classes – 15 hours
Marketing, themes, workshops, setting up classes, insurance, first aid.
This advanced course is only offered once a year on a part –time/ full time flexi-basis.